CFIB takes direction from more than 109,000 members in every business sector nationwide, giving independent business a strong and influential voice at all levels of government, supporting them with the tools, advice and resources they need and providing them with exclusive savings and services. At CFIB, everything we do is to increase the odds of success for independent business owners. We are looking for you to help us deliver on our mission! We have an exciting opportunity for a talented and creative PHP Web Developer in our Toronto office.
Reporting to the Director, Digital Marketing, in this role you will be responsible for working with CFIB’s Marketing team to develop CFIB’s web presence in accordance with CFIB guidelines, principles and priorities and will manage all back-end and front-end aspects of CFIB’s websites to meet the needs of our members and employees.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Maintain existing web projects as well as design and implement new web applications and functionality.
- Collaborate on analysis, UX design, editing, testing, and documenting look and flow of websites and organization of web content.
- Gather, analyze and represent all technical interests and concerns of the organization relating to technical web management, while coordinating with other departments to develop, implement and maintain the web delivery system and operating procedures.
- Work with graphic designer to apply interactive functionality to digitized graphic designs to enhance appearance of website properties
- Apply technical principles, coding structures and plugins to create a website environment that is personalized to the end user
- Provide system administration and operation support for CMS
- Work closely with IT to coordinate backend website functionality and server performance
- Review and modify website properties as appropriate to improve site UX and functionality
- Keep up to date with latest industry trends and best practices related to web technologies
- Create web performance reports using analytics and webmaster tools
- Must have at least 3 years’ experience coding and developing websites
- Demonstrated ability to complete all phases of website development life cycle including back-end and front-end development, performance analysis, UX design, functionality, testing and support with the following technologies:
- Drupal APIs – theme API, forms API and Entity API,
- PHP template development
- High quality LAMP web development environment
- Lightbox coding structures development and working with debugging tools
- Demonstrated ability in building responsive web applications and interactive/dynamic web experiences
- Proven experience in converting wireframes, mock-ups (from Photoshop or illustrator) into web pages
- Experience working with form APIs – hidden ID fields, source data
- Working experience with CRM integration
- Knowledge on Craft CMS (back-end and front-end) would be an asset
- .NET and database experience would be an asset
- Work experience in Flash, Adobe Photoshop, Dreamweaver Studio.
- Knowledge in software requirements, architecture, development fundamentals, Object-Oriented Design (OOD) and multimedia content layout would be an asset
- Experience with compliance to WCAG 2.0 accessibility standards
- Flexibility and the ability to learn quickly in various technical and business environments, while delivering quality work by tight deadlines.
- Good communication skills with both non-technical and technical people.
- Post-secondary education with emphasis on internet and web design and development or equivalent.
We have an informal but highly professional and collaborative environment. Our main office in Toronto is conveniently located just one block north of York Mills Station, in close proximity to the 401 on Yonge Street.
As Canada’s largest association of small and medium-sized businesses, CFIB is in business to provide them with the resources they need, give them more value, and have their voice heard at all level of governments.
Be a part of the solution and apply today!
CFIB is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities through the interview process and while employed. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.