CFIB takes its direction from more than 109,000 independent small business members across every sector nationwide. We give independent business a strong and influential voice at all levels of government, and support them with the tools, advice and resources they need, in addition to exclusive savings and services. We are looking for you to help us deliver on our mission!
We have an exciting opportunity for a talented and creative Media Relations Specialist in our Toronto Office location. In this role, you will contribute to growing CFIB’s visibility and brand awareness among key audiences and to the advancement of the interests of independent business owners.
Highlights of Responsibilities:
- Write and edit clear, compelling content for a wide range of digital and print media channels (press releases, columns, social media, etc.) based on policy positions and research
- Actively coordinate stakeholders’ reviews and approvals for publication of media releases
- Proactively pitch stories to different outlets, receive media requests and coordinate with various spokespeople to provide timely and high quality content and/or responses to media
- Monitor media activities in order to identify opportunities to engage with media on key issues and make recommendations to internal stakeholders
- Develop and sustain good relations with reporters from across the country
- Explore requirements with internal clients and provide guidance on the appropriate approach for content
- Support legislative colleagues across the country with their media communications initiatives
- Assist in coordinating cross-country communications and media projects
- Draw key highlights and write concise, informative and engaging content based on CFIB research, government relations and marketing activities
- Participate in developing and implementing CFIB’s strategic communications plan and provide communications support to a variety of projects and committees
- At least three (3) years of experience in media and/or communication
- University degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations or equivalent work experience is required
- Experience with proactively engaging in media relations
- Demonstrate strong knowledge of traditional media as well as web and social media channels
- Work well in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, results-oriented team environment
- Possess excellent writing skills and demonstrate strong attention to detail
- Team oriented, highly collaborative mindset and demonstrate a positive attitude at all times
- Proven capability to work in environment with multiple stakeholders across multiple departments to provide guidance and support on communications and media-related projects
- Knowledge and experience with small business issues and government would be a strong asset
- Fully bilingual with capacity to operate in both English and French would be an asset
CFIB is Canada’s largest association of small and medium-sized businesses. We are looking for a candidate that shares our organizational passion for our members’ issues.
Be a part of the solution and apply today by visiting our website at www.cfib-fcei.ca !
CFIB is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities through the interview process and while employed. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.