CFIB takes direction from more than 109,000 members in every business sector nationwide, giving independent business a strong and influential voice at all levels of government, supporting them with the tools, advice and resources they need and providing them with exclusive savings and services. At CFIB, everything we do is to increase the odds of success for independent business owners. We are looking for you to help us deliver on our mission! We have an exciting opportunity for a talented and creative Digital Marketing Specialist in our Toronto office.
Reporting to the Director, Digital Marketing in this role you will be responsible for the development and execution of digital marketing lead generation and brand awareness campaigns and online sales. This includes using search engines (SEM/SEO), social media platforms and other programmatic advertising outlets. You will also support the management and strategy development of all CFIB owned websites (CFIB.ca, Shop Small Biz) and be primary administrator on all marketing operations platforms – website CMS, email systems, CRM (marketing aspect of platform) and SEO tools.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Develop paid digital marketing campaigns to achieve organizational objectives
- Forecast and deliver on high level SEM strategies
- Develop remarketing campaign strategies to achieve lead goals
- Create ad copy based on keyword analysis, competitive insight and industry trends
- Build campaign landing pages optimized for lead generation
- Manage all CFIB websites (cfib.ca, shopsmallbiz.ca) – content updates, optimize SERP performance and provide recommendations to improve website performance (SEO rich content, UX and conversion paths)
- Develop and maintain performance reporting and metrics for programmatic campaigns, online sales, SEO performance, website UX, competitive analysis (impression shares and lost opportunities).
- Maintain digital marketing campaign calendar
- Collaborate with partners and 3rd party agencies to develop and execute lead generation campaigns
- Maintain expertise on programmatic theory and tactics in order to implement best practices and continuously improve campaign performance
- Provide input into the development of annual Marketing Plan
- Research and keep pace with SEO industry trends and developments
- University degree required
- Google certification in AdWords and Analytics required
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a digital marketing role
- Experience with Facebook Business Account, LinkedIn Marketing Solutions, Twitter Advertising, Google AdWords, Bing Advertising
- Experience with Google services, including AdWords, Search Console (Webmaster Tools), and Google Analytics
- Experience with remarketing strategies and application of remarketing pixels/code
- Experience developing SEO content at multiple levels
- Experience utilizing SEO in reputation management and brand-building
- Deep understanding of ranking factors for Google’s algorithm, both past and present
- Strong understanding of XML sitemap development, meta data and robots txt file management for SEO optimization
- 2-5 years of experience administering content in CMS environments
- High level of proficiency in MS Office Suite and Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
- Copywriting experience would be considered an asset
- Working experience in French and English would be a strong asset
- Demonstrated high levels of integrity, autonomy, and self-motivation
We have an informal but highly professional and collaborative environment. Our main office in Toronto is conveniently located just one block north of York Mills Station, in close proximity to the 401 on Yonge Street.
As Canada’s largest association of small and medium-sized businesses, CFIB is in business to provide them with the resources they need, give them more value, and have their voice heard at all level of governments.
Be a part of the solution and apply today!
CFIB is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities through the interview process and while employed. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.