CFIB takes direction from more than 109,000 members in every business sector nationwide, giving independent business a strong and influential voice at all levels of government, supporting them with the tools, advice and resources they need and providing them with exclusive savings and services. At CFIB, everything we do is to increase the odds of success for independent business owners. We are looking for you to help us deliver on our mission! We have an exciting opportunity for a talented and creative Social Media Specialist in our Toronto office.
Reporting to the Director, Digital Marketing as the Social Media Specialist you will support building brand awareness and audience engagement by developing and executing an aligned, consistent and compelling social media strategy across multiple platforms relevant to CFIB. You will think strategically and integrate social media into larger business objectives. You have a strong understanding of social media, influencer and advocate marketing. In this role, you will also manage and grow the communities for all of CFIB’s social media presence (CFIB, ShopSmallBiz).
- Create and proactively manage a social media content calendar that supports growing brand awareness and specific campaigns
- Work collaboratively with the Marketing and Communications team to develop content and graphics to support press releases and campaigns
- Proofread digital content for proper grammar and spelling to ensure alignment of language, tone, voice and style with CFIB’s guidelines
- Responsible for day-to-day community management, moderation, monitoring and responding to comments, questions and identify daily, quick-turnaround reactive opportunities on all platforms.
- Primary point of contact for all follower questions and feedback on social media
- Engage and interact with fans, followers, influencers, publications – encourage follower collaboration that will garner press and extend brand engagement with likes, shares and dialogue
- Develop reoccurring meaningful reports on social media efforts, utilize digital analytics and reporting tools to measure and share content results
- and share results with key stakeholders
- Strategically repurpose content created by various CFIB teams
- Maintain consistent social tone, persona and visual look and feel
- Stay up to date on latest social trends and communicate how to leverage
- 2+ years' experience in social media strategy, execution and community management
- Bachelors and/or post-graduate degree in Communications, Marketing, Advertising, Media Studies or a related field.
- Certificate in Social Media Marketing, Digital Marketing & Communications or equivalent
- High expertise in managing content on social media sites including; Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram
- Exceptional writing, editing, proofing and presentation/graphic skills
- Superior attention to detail and organizational skills with the ability to deliver high quality, creative work, multi-task and manage deadlines.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of social community platforms and best practices, with a passion for staying current on communications, social and content marketing trends.
- Experience using social media scheduling and reporting tools
- Knowledge of social listening tools
- Familiarity with small business regulation, news and environment would be an asset
- Bilingualism in French would be an asset
- Experience with graphic design tools (Photoshop, Illustrator), video editing tools (iMovie maker, etc.) an asset.
- Team player, able to work collaboratively within the Marketing & Communications department and cross functionally
We have an informal but highly professional and collaborative environment. Our main office in Toronto is conveniently located just one block north of York Mills Station, in close proximity to the 401 on Yonge Street.
As Canada’s largest association of small and medium-sized businesses, CFIB is in business to provide them with the resources they need, give them more value, and have their voice heard at all level of governments.
Be a part of the solution and apply today!
CFIB is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities through the interview process and while employed. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.