CFIB takes direction from more than 110,000 members in every business sector nationwide, giving independent business a strong and influential voice at all levels of government, supporting them with the tools, advice and resources they need and providing them with exclusive savings and services. At CFIB, everything we do is to increase the odds of success for independent business owners. We have an exciting opportunity for a full-time Bilingual Receptionist/Administrative Assistant in our Toronto Office location.
In this role, you will act as a back-up Receptionist for our Head Office in Toronto as well as support different divisions within our Sales Departments with their administrative needs, reporting to our Senior Manager, Sales and Office Support.
Highlights of Responsibilities:
- Act as a professional and service oriented first point of contact for incoming calls to CFIB’s Head Office in Toronto
- Answer and direct all incoming calls to correct party while in a friendly and professional manner
- Responsible for the coordination of booking meeting rooms for colleagues and CFIB building tenants
- Handling items received at Reception and use best judgement to prioritize sensitivity
- Ensure media and business services related calls are directed to the right department quickly and accurately
- Use best judgment when receiving calls that are of a sensitive nature and ensure that they are handled appropriately and in keeping with CFIB’s professional image
- Contact members of CFIB to verify and update payment information
- Assist with handling and sorting sales reports
- Provide general administrative and clerical assistance to various CFIB Departments as needed
- Participate in special or ad-hoc projects and perform other duties as assigned
Highlights of Qualifications:
- Excellent communication skills are required to handle a busy switchboard
- Experience dealing with confidential issues in a discrete manner is essential
- Must demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills in both English and French
- Strong working knowledge and demonstrate high proficiency in MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Experience working in a Reception area environment is preferred
- A motivated self-starter with outstanding organization skills
- We have an informal but highly professional and collaborative environment. Our main office in Toronto is conveniently located just one block north of York Mills Station, in close proximity to the 401 on Yonge Street.
As Canada’s largest association of small and medium-sized businesses, CFIB is in business to provide them with the resources they need, give them more value, and have their voice heard at all level of governments.
Be a part of the solution and apply today!
CFIB is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities through the interview process and while employed. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.