CFIB takes direction from more than 110,000 members in every business sector nationwide, giving independent business a strong and influential voice at all levels of government, supporting them with the tools, advice and resources they need and providing them with exclusive savings and services. At CFIB, everything we do is to increase the odds of success for independent business owners. We are looking for you to help us deliver on our mission! We have an exciting opportunity for a talented and creative Drupal Web Developer in our Toronto or Ottawa office.
Reporting to the Director, Digital Marketing, in this role you will be responsible for working with CFIB’s Marketing team to develop CFIB’s web presence in accordance with CFIB guidelines, principles and priorities and will manage CFIB’s websites to meet the needs of our members and employees.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Design and implement new web applications, modules and functionality.
- Develop and modify existing Drupal modules as directed to improve site UX and functionality
- Apply technical principles, coding structures and modules to create a website environment that is personalized to the end user
- Provide system administration and operation support for Drupal CMS
- Create and manage roles and permissions for Drupal CMS users
- Work closely with external vendor resources to complete ongoing website projects related to new website launch
- Work closely with IT department to coordinate CRM integration
- Gather, analyze and represent all technical interests and concerns of key stakeholders related to web management,
- Monitor and address website error reports
- Keep up to date with latest industry trends and best practices related to web technologies
- 2-3 years’ experience coding and developing websites in Drupal and PHP environments
- Post-secondary education with emphasis on website development or equivalent
- Solid experience with the following technologies:
- Drupal APIs – theme API, forms API and Entity API,
- PHP template development
- High quality LAMP web development environment
- Lightbox coding structures development and working with debugging tools
- Proven experience with Drupal module development
- Experience working with Linux servers to create/manage redirects, manage databases and monitor SSL and CDN performance
- Demonstrated ability in building responsive web applications and interactive/dynamic web experiences
- Proven experience in converting wireframes, mock-ups (from Photoshop or illustrator) into web pages
- Demonstrated understanding of all phases of website development life cycle
- Knowledge of Craft CMS would be an asset
- Knowledge in software requirements, architecture, development fundamentals, Object-Oriented Design (OOD) and multimedia content layout would be an asset
- Experience with compliance to WCAG 2.0 accessibility standards
- Flexibility and the ability to learn quickly in various technical and business environments, while delivering quality work by tight deadlines.
- Good communication skills with both non-technical and technical people.
We have an informal but highly professional and collaborative environment. Our offices are in central locations in close proximity to public transit. Our main office in Toronto is conveniently located just one block north of York Mills Station, in close proximity to the 401 on Yonge Street.
As Canada’s largest association of small and medium-sized businesses, CFIB is in business to provide them with the resources they need, give them more value, and have their voice heard at all level of governments.
Be a part of the solution and apply today!
CFIB is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities through the interview process and while employed. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.