CFIB takes direction from more than 110,000 members in every business sector nationwide, giving independent business a strong and influential voice at all levels of government, supporting them with the tools, advice, and resources they need and providing them with exclusive savings and services. At CFIB, everything we do is to increase the odds of success for independent business owners and we are looking to fill a new role to help us deliver on our mission!
Our Field Performance and Innovation team has an exciting opportunity for a Sales Trainer in our Toronto head office, reporting to the Senior Vice President, Field Performance, and Innovation. In this role, you will be responsible for working closely with sales management colleagues to create the curriculum and deliver the training and orientation program for our Field Sales representatives.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Host, facilitate and lead training sessions for newly hired sales representatives(District Managers) from across Canada
- In collaboration with other stakeholders across the organization, create and develop the curriculum for effective, efficient, and comprehensive sales training content
- Seek feedback from Field managers and senior management to ensure all training needs are met and are current and relevant
- Maintain and keep current CFIB’s online sales training modules and video library of sale materials
- Improve training effectiveness by developing new approaches and techniques and making support readily available
- Deliver training in-person and through video calls and webinars
- Deliver train-the-trainer sessions for Field managers
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years business experience in a hands-on training role and/or 3 to 5 years’ direct sales experience preferably selling an intangible product or service
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Training, or related field or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of and experience with current training methodologies, best practices and coaching strategies, and people development
- Strong intuition for people and what motivates them individually, and demonstrated ability to adjust accordingly
- Confident, mature and professional. Able to lead by example with a positive and energetic attitude
- Work cooperatively and interdependently with colleagues to provide assistance
- Superior public speaking and presentation skills
- Highly developed interpersonal skills
- Excellent coaching skills
- Must have exceptional communication skills in English
- Bilingual English-French is a definite asset
- Demonstrated skills in use of Microsoft Office suite specifically Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Available to travel overnight up to once per quarter within Canada
- An ongoing interest in following political and economic news and developments as they relate to and impact independent business
We have an informal but highly professional and collaborative environment. Our main office in Toronto is conveniently located just one block north of York Mills Station, in close proximity to the 401 on Yonge Street.
As Canada’s largest association of small and medium-sized businesses, CFIB is in business to provide them with the resources they need, give them more value, and have their voice heard at all level of governments.
Be a part of the solution and apply today!
CFIB is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities through the interview process and while employed. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.