CFIB takes direction from more than 110,000 members in every business sector nationwide, giving independent business a strong and influential voice at all levels of government, supporting them with the tools, advice and resources they need and providing them with exclusive savings and services. Everything we do is focused on increasing the chance of success for our members’ businesses.
Reporting to the Vice President Marketing & Communications, the Director, Digital Marketing will leverage their in-depth marketing experience and passion for digital technologies to develop and implement a long-term digital marketing strategy, ensuring integrated, consistent and robust execution. This individual will lead a small team of digital marketing professionals to build and manage all of CFIB’s digital marketing platforms and media strategy including websites, social media, SEO, SEM, programmatic media and display with the objective of building brand awareness, increasing leads and building member engagement.
- Translate a vision for online marketing into a coherent digital marketing strategy, ensuring a broad understanding by key stakeholders.
- Own the strategy for CFIB.ca and manage internal resources and external vendor for the continued development of public websites and campaign landing pages for all CFIB owned media channels including CFIB.ca. and ShopSmallBiz.ca.
- Grow a distinct online presence by building a large and engaged community of followers through key social media channels (i.e. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube and Instagram).
- Develop, manage and optimize all paid digital marketing campaigns including social media, PPC and programmatic media to achieve marketing objectives.
- Develop strategies to increase the number of visitors to key webpages by achieving high-ranking placements in search results for keywords.
- Lead development of digital marketing campaigns/content to support legislative activities across Canada, partner marketing initiatives, promotion of value added tools and content for members and recruitment efforts.
- Develop, optimize and leverage new and existing partnerships to generate quality traffic and users to all digital properties.
- Develop CFIB’s video capabilities to support digital marketing initiatives.
- Represent marketing on project for the evaluation and implementation of Marketing Automation at CFIB.
- Measure and report on digital analytics.
- Manage the digital marketing team and the digital marketing budget.
- Evaluate and recommend tools and emerging channels to most efficiently and cost effectively achieve digital marketing results.
- Degree in Marketing ideally with a digital marketing qualification
- 5-7 years of digital marketing experience
- Proven ability to translate strategies into well executed digital marketing initiatives
- Demonstrable experience in designing and implementing successful B2B digital marketing campaigns
- Strong understanding of how all current digital marketing channels function
- Solid knowledge of online marketing tools and best practices
- Hands on experience with SEO/SEM, Google Analytics, Marketing Automation and CRM platforms. Experience with Microsoft Dynamics and ClickDimensions would be an asset.
- Strong familiarity with web design and development
- Superior analytical and project management skills
- Strong communication (written and verbal) skills
- Strong team management skills and commitment to employee development
- Highly collaborative mindset
- Fluency in both English and French would be an asset
We have an informal but highly professional and collaborative environment. Our main office in Toronto is conveniently located just one block north of York Mills Station, in close proximity to the 401 on Yonge Street.
Be a part of the solution and apply today!
CFIB is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities through the interview process and while employed. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.