CFIB takes direction from more than 110,000 members in every business sector nationwide, giving independent business a strong and influential voice at all levels of government, supporting them with the tools, advice and resources they need and providing them with exclusive savings and services. At CFIB, everything we do is to increase the odds of success for independent business owners. We are looking for you to help us deliver on our mission! We have an exciting opportunity for a part time, Bilingual Outbound Service Representative (Welcome Counsellor).
Working from home or from one of our offices where possible and reporting to the Director, Business Resources Escalations you will primarily conduct outbound Welcome telephone calls with new CFIB members. You’ll help our members by informing them of the essential services they have available to them by being members of CFIB as well as, provide them assistance with general inquiries. This is a unique opportunity for anyone passionate about helping independent business owners succeed in Canada and you can do it from home anywhere in Canada!
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Introduce new members to CFIB’s services in a positive and helpful manner by conducting Welcome Calls for first-year members a few weeks after they join CFIB
- Respond to simple inquiries or refer complex issues from Canadian business owners regarding operations issues including; human resources, financing, taxation, regulation and labour legislation by phone or email
- Promote CFIB’s primary services: Advocacy, Business Tools & Resources and Savings Programs as competitive advantage that CFIB membership offers to the business owner and determine which pillar the member is mostly interested in
- Verify member records and indicate any changes that need to be made
- Track incoming requests and inquiries from business owners through the CFIB website, respond when appropriate and create cases within the CRM system for Business Counsellors to follow up
- Stay informed of CFIB’s lobbying activities within the region and at a national level, as well as of any new (changes of) Savings Programs and Business Resources services
- Update CFIB sales colleagues of pertinent information regarding member issues
- Review and respond to CFIB members’ survey responses
- Ensure members are clear the information is not considered legal or accounting advice
- Excellent interpersonal skills to project a positive and professional image of CFIB
- Bilingual with excellent written and verbal communication skills in both English and French
- A high degree of integrity, confidentiality and tact, and work with a high degree of accuracy
- Work well interdependently in a collaborative environment with cross functional colleagues
- Proven customer service, problem solving, writing and multi-tasking skills
- College certificate or equivalent experience equivalent with a minimum of 3 years of practical experience. University degree would be considered an asset
- Must have a suitable home office space to work from effectively and productively with access to high-speed internet availability for VOIP phone service and CFIB systems
- Knowledge of government legislation and understanding of small-medium size businesses current issues is an asset.
We have an informal but highly professional and collaborative work environment. As a decentralized organization with regional offices in every province, over half of our colleagues work from home and we use telecommuting to work cohesively and effectively together. As Canada’s largest association of small and medium-sized businesses, CFIB is in business to provide them with the resources they need, give them more value, and have their voice heard at all levels of governments.
Be a part of the solution and apply today!
CFIB is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities through the interview process and while employed. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.