The Canadian Federation of Independent Business (CFIB) is the country’s champion of small business. With over 110,000 members, we’re Canada’s largest non-profit organization devoted to creating and supporting an environment where small business can succeed.
Reporting to the Director, Digital Marketing, the individual in this position will play a critical role in supporting the Marketing and Communications team as we work to tell the story of how CFIB increases the odds of success for independent business owners.
We’re looking for a creative, agile and resourceful video content creator who can script, shoot, edit, and post digital videos and other visual content to help us tell the CFIB story. Ideally, you have a background in independent video production and an obsession with storytelling and creating compelling B2B content to engage online audiences, mainly small business owners.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Scripting, shooting, editing and executing engaging and enticing videos for digital channels (YouTube Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, website, etc.) that are authentic, compelling and on-brand
- Building and executing a video production calendar that aligns and supports the achievement of marketing and organizational objectives
- Continually developing innovative and creative ideas to fuel interaction and engagement between CFIB and members/prospects
- Working closely with the Marketing and Communications team along with teams from different departments to stay on top of upcoming content-producing topics
- Provide guidance to regional offices in video execution (ie. scripting, tips to improve video quality, support in amplification)
- Ideating and executing concepts for short form, ad hoc videos
- Managing all digital video assets, including regular maintenance and archiving of content
- Creating custom images and animations as needed, using original and stock content
- Staying up-to-date on current trends in digital video and social to implement fresh ideas that will drive brand awareness and help drive member growth and engagement
- Degree, diploma or certificate in: Graphic Design, Journalism, Digital Design, Broadcasting, Multimedia, Communications, Film & TV, Digital Marketing or related field
- 2+ years of experience producing digital video content for Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, etc, preferably within a B2B environment
- Knowledge and experience for best practices, tools and processes for publishing original online video and repurposing TV video
- Proficient with video platforms such as Adobe Premiere, Apple Final Cut, etc.
- Experience with Adobe CC Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) is an asset
- Bilingual (French) is an asset
- Must have: A portfolio/demo reel demonstrating relevant experience
We have an informal but highly professional and collaborative environment. Our main office in Toronto is conveniently located just one block north of York Mills Station, in close proximity to the 401 on Yonge Street.
As Canada’s largest association of small and medium-sized businesses, CFIB is in business to provide them with the resources they need, give them more value, and have their voice heard at all level of governments.
Be a part of the solution and apply today!
CFIB is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities through the interview process and while employed. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.